Covid-19 Information for Parents and Carers
We recognise the significant changes this pandemic has brought to all our lives. The school has brought in a number of measures to keep children and staff safe such as:
- increased hand washing opportunities with hand gel available inside classrooms and outside near entry points
- separate 'bubbles' of children based in their classes so that playtimes and lunch are spearate from other groups
- a staggered start and finish time to allow greater distancing between families when dropping off and picking up children
- adults entering the school site should wear a mask where possible
- reducing the number of visitors coming into school.
Occasionally, some children may be required to self-isolate or we may only be open to key worker children and those who require more support. During these times, we must offer remote learning - in other words, learning from home. Questions such as what do you expect from us and what do we expect from you and other information can be found here.
We have also produced a home / school agreement which outlines expectations for school, for home and for children. This can be found here.
The Government have also given all schools some additional funding to support 'catch up'. We are using this funding to increase the hours of support staff so that more interventions can take place within school time. This may mean your child has an opportunity to work regularly with other staff in school, usually in small groups, to develop key skills, knowledge and understanding they may have missed or need support to practise. Some funding has also enabled the school to enrich its reading book selection in all classes. If you have any questions, please contact your child's teacher.